Monday, December 3, 2007

Scary Cheeses & Edible Trees

I can't share my knitting projects this month for obvious reasons. So, I thought I'd share some of my other interests such as cooking and baking.

So, here's my lunch today. Technically it doesn't require cooking or baking but you do have to "assemble" it. :o)



I used green leaf lettuce and fresh spinach for my greens. Then I added gorgonzola cheese, golden raisins, Bartlett pears and dried cherries. I topped the salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. It's pretty tasty.

Here's a side note about my two favorite cheeses: gorgonzola & muenster. Yes, it's true I like the flavors of these cheeses. But the real reason I love them is because they sound like Gorgon and Monster cheese! That evokes all types of mythically scary images in my head which is what drew me to the cheeses when I was a kid. So, hooray for scary cheeses!

We also purchased our Christmas tree this year. And we're going to eat it too!!!

Our tree this year is a Rosemary tree.



It smells wonderful.



I can't wait to actually use it after the holidays!

1 comment:

sarah lou said...

rooooosemary!! hee hee!

those cheeses are scary, alright!! :P