Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Books!!

I have a cold. Sniffle. Of course, this makes reading much easier because you're forced to rest. I just finished an inventive book entitled The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers.

It's a story filled with white-knuckle adventure, books, heartbreaking woe, books, a colossal monster and books. Did I mention the books? There are thousands and thousands of books stacked high and low. Books that would eat you, books that could kill you and books written so well you can't eat or sleep for the reading of them! There are dinosaurs too, well-read dinosaurs who have a knack for writing prose.

Intrigued? Perplexed? Scared?

I love books. Not simply reading them but even the dusty ol' smell of them in secondhand and antiquarian bookshops. And The City of Dreaming Books is all about dusty ol' books! Hurrah!

Okay, I have to go and start reading another book now.

No comments: