Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Fantastic Friend...Focaccia

Jonathan and I made Christmas dinner this year. We didn't go the traditional route with turkey or ham or any of the regular fixin's. We went a bit Italian.

I made a spaghetti recipe that had yummy garlic and parsley mixed with an olive oil sauce. I got the recipe from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison (side note: this cookbook is amazing whether or not you're a vegetarian, just as long as you like vegetables--it's full of seriously delicious recipes). I also had a tomato-based sauce that I cooked humongous meatballs in for the meat-eaters.

We also whipped up some homemade hot, cheesy spinach dip and everyone knows you can't have dip without bread. Which leads me to my favorite food of the evening...the Focaccia Bread (recipe also from Vegetarian Cooking...)!

I kneaded in fresh rosemary from the rosemary tree and covered the top with caramelized onions and more rosemary. I. Am. In. Love. With. This. Bread.

I hope everyone enjoyed and continues to enjoy this holiday season! And that everyone gets to eat yummy food and hang out with their favorite people!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the BEST. BREAD. EVER! The Meatballs were the size of my fist - I think everyone had only one - and there were plenty of leftovers that we sent to good homes.

More bread please!

*what are you still reading this? Go to the kitchen and get baking!*

Anonymous said...

Ah... what bread!!!! The bread of life... A life to marvel at... If you have not tasted this bread at Christmas time then you have not lived a noble life.

But let's talk about the baseball size meat balls... to die for a hundred times over... and Junior (that's me) had two... please don't send me to the wood shed, mama.