Thursday, July 14, 2011

Layering The Paint And Buddha's Garden

Lately, I've been experimenting with layers. I paint a layer of color on the canvas, I spray the canvas with water, I wait until it dries and then I add another layer. Unfortunately, I don't have a workspace with a hard, okay-to-get-messy floor and I don't think my landlord would appreciate me dripping paint all over the carpet, so I do all the messy work in the bathtub. That means cleaning up the paint after each spraying (so it doesn't stain). Result: my bathtub has never been cleaner! :)

Here's a picture of my latest painting. It's still in progress.



And just to share--here's another painting I did this spring. This one doesn't have the layering effect. I started playing with that technique soon after I painted this one.


Buddha's Garden



Also, I am listening to this song right now . . .

No comments: