Thursday, June 7, 2007

Projects! Projects!

I'm currently working on two major projects:

Sock #2 of my first pair (because socks are EXTREMELY important)...


And a baby blanket for a very soon-to-be mommy that I am woefully behind on...

I am hoping to make a huge dent in the baby blanket project over the weekend.

I also had a wonderful idea today regarding some yarn I recently received. One of my friends, I've known her since the 5th grade, tried out knitting a while back but never really got into it. Then a few weeks ago she was getting rid of a bunch of stuff and ran across her stash and having no use for it she gave it to me. This brings us to my wonderful idea: Turn All The Yarn She Gave Me Into Knitted Fun For Her! The only problem I'm having is what exactly to make. I don't want to do anything too intricate or difficult that would take lots of time. I'm thinking practical and fun because she's a single mom with a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old. I'm still in the concept mode, but I thought I'd share the stash (pictures and details below) in case anyone has any suggestions! So, if you do think of anything, please, please share it!

Yarn List

Lion Brand Wool Ease in Wheat
3 skeins


Red Heart Super Saver in Grey Heather
1 skein, 1 ball


Patons Melody, Quick & Cozy in Happy Daze
3 skeins


Lion Brand Homespun in Shaker
2 skeins


Red Heart SuperSaver in Painted Desert
2 skeins


1 Pound of Black Acrylic


And Unknown Colorful and Soft Skein

5 comments:

Karen said...

The Patons would make great hats for the kids. The Lion Brand website has tons of free patterns using their yarns specifically, but the homespun could be used to make a wrap or small throw blanket. I thought about mittens for the Wool Ease. How's that for starters?

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good start. Thanks! :o) I like the idea of mittens and definitely using the Patons for the kids, but I have no idea what to do with the lb. of Black Acrylic????

sarah lou said...

oooh ooh, there's this stuffed kitty out there that i'll have to find you the pattern for. all one piece and then the seams make it shaped right, i think. and that nautilus shell could use up some of that black... i have a great knitted toys book that could use up some more of that black... i'm pretty sure there's a zebra in there... :)

Anonymous said...

Wooo! Toys! I hadn't even thought of that. That sounds like lots of fun! Thanks!!!

Karen said...

I have a pattern for a stuffed elephant that can use grey. It calls for wool, but we can change that! :-)