Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Inspiring Perspective


















I'm used to seeing the world a certain way. My perspective. I think it's something everyone does most of the time. It's easier and doesn't require any extra attention. I see the world as I see it. Plain and simple.

I feel stuck sometimes. Stuck in my writing. Stuck in my art. Stuck in my daily patterns. That's when I say I need inspiration. I.N.S.P.I.R.A.T.I.O.N. And I sit back in my chair and think about exotic places and distant lands I could visit and, thus, replenish myself. Life, unfortunately, doesn't always allow for the much needed travel. But I still need inspiration.

I started thinking about inspiration and realized that a big part of it is really just about changing perspective. Traveling makes it easy. You're instantly thrust into a new culture with vistas you've never seen and flavors you've never tasted. If you immerse yourself in it, you'll probably emerge renewed.

























Since I can't travel as much as I'd like, I've decided to try a change of perspective on the home front. Like looking at something or someone I see every day from a new angle. Even trying a new recipe (like Parisian Macaroons) or simply taking a different path to the grocery store. The change isn't quite as sudden as dropping down on a distant tropical island, but it counteracts the discouragement I feel when stagnancy sets in.

So, here's to making new discoveries in everyday life.

1 comment:

hking said...

Powerful. Insightful. Love the photographs.