Sunday, July 20, 2008

Don't Try This At Home!!!

Jonathan had a sudden urge for sangria. We had two bottles of Cherry Wine Sangria from the Chateau Grand Traverse. We'd gotten the bottles over four years ago, so it was probably time to use them. Excited for some fruity goodness, we poured all the ingredients into our lil' decanter when we realized our thin spoon simply wasn't long enough to stir the sugar until it dissolved.

So, being the industrious lad that he is, Jonathan attached the spoon to his power drill...


And away he went...


I was completely and totally worried that he was going to break the glass, but he didn't!

And the sangria was yummy!

I've also been wanting to get started on gardening our small backyard. Of course, when you move, money gets a bit tight at the beginning. Lots of expenses, etc.
The thing is when you need to get your hands in some dirt, you need to do it! So, to assuage my desire to garden, I painted some ol' cans and turned them into pots for impatiens (I bought the impatiens at the hardware store for 94 cents).


I guess the lesson is don't be afraid to use a bit of imagination to solve your problems and to trust that your husband knows what he's doing! Well, I don't know about that last part... :o)

No comments: