Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Green School

I think most of us are aware of how our public education system suffers daily. We're confronted with regular reports on how the curriculum has deteriorated into teaching for some inane standardized test and that school levies consistently fail. As a result, schools continue to be shut down and funding cut, leaving great teachers to struggle every day in order to safeguard the futures of America's children.

I saw this speech about a school in Bali, where the students seem to be thriving. It got me thinking about how our public school system might need a total reboot. We need to start thinking outside the box, creating a "local to global" approach.

I don't usually get political on this blog, so I'll just step off the soap box now. :o)

If for no other reason, check out the school for its amazing architecture.



Go here if you want to see a short documentary of this school.

No comments: