Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Knitting Swing of Things

Cooler temperatures lead to dancing sugar plums and dreams of noro kureyon. Currently, I'm working on finishing two projects-- a pair of socks & a baby blanket. I'm using kureyon for the socks. Originally, I was using the Campfire pattern, but it didn't work out, so I frogged the project and changed to the Mr. Pitt's Socks pattern. This pattern is definitely my favorite for men because of it's roominess. I'm almost done with the first sock.



































The baby blanket is the Broken Rib pattern from The Encore 8-Hour Baby Blanket...Revisited. I borrowed this book from Sarah a long time ago and must return it posthaste.












































The white yarn has sparkles woven throughout it and I'm definitely reminded of snow while I knit it. I think I will be giving this blanket to my little cousin.


























By the way. This was not her Halloween costume. She was a sparkly witch for Halloween. Actually, this costume is her "I love elmo, I am elmo and now I am going to run around the house and laugh at myself" costume.

1 comment:

Harley King said...

Glad you are back online. Love the pictures.